Taking Care of Business
Many health insurance plans cover the treatments and therapies that the Bay Area Bone & Joint Center offers. As part of Alameda Hospital, we accept the same forms of payment as the hospital.
- HMO – If you have Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) insurance, you’ll likely need a referral from your doctor first.
- PPO – If you have Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) insurance, chances are that we can schedule you for the next available appointment.
- Medicare – If you have Medicare insurance, we can check your eligibility under Part B, which covers auxillary and outpatient services, the type we provide at the Bay Area Bone & Joint Center.
- Medi-Cal/Medicaid – If you have Medi-Cal (Medicaid) insurance, you should have an active card and a Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) from the physician referring you to us.
- Uninsured – If you do not have health insurance and are unable to make payment for services rendered, please let us know. The Bay Area Bone & Joint Center and Alameda Hospital are committed to providing high quality, compassionate care for all who need it, regardless of their ability to pay. We have a number of options to cover the cost of your treatments.
For more information, please contact one of our Alameda Hospital Financial Counselors at (510) 814-4004.
**Note: We respect your privacy. Since financial matters are often a sensitive issue, please know that we are committed to keeping all such inquiries, information, and awards of funding completely confidential. Click here for Alameda Hospital policy on Payment and Insurance, or call us at 510.52BONES for more information.