CITY OF ALAMEDA HEALTH CARE DISTRICT SEEKS APPLICANTS FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The City of Alameda Health Care District (District) was informed by Kathryn Sáenz Duke and Jim Meyers, DrPH of their resignation on February 21, 2017. Both resignations will be effective on March 20, 2017. The District must appoint an individual to fill the vacant position on its Board of Directors.
Individuals interested in being considered for this appointment must submit an “Application Package”, as described below, to the District. Application Packages must be delivered to the District, at the address below, no later than 5:00 p.m., on Thursday, April 6, 2017.
An applicant to fill the vacancy must meet the following minimum requirements: (1) be a resident and registered voter in the District, (2) not have been suspended or expelled from participation in the Medicare program, and (3) not have been convicted of a felony.
The City of Alameda Health Care District Board of Directors consists of five representatives, elected at large, who are responsible for the policy direction of the District. Under statutory procedures established in California Government Code Section 1780, the vacant directorships will be subject to election in November, 2018 for either a two (2) year term or a four (4) year term.
On or before April 6, 2017 at 5:00 p.m., Applicants must submit an “Application Package” to the District Clerk consisting of the following materials:
- A signed letter of interest. The letter should contain a statement of qualifications and other information which will assist the Board in making its decision.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- The names and contact information for at least two references. Preference for references that can attest to your ability to work collaboratively on a committee or board.
- Applicants must also indicate any potential conflict of interest that they might have WITH RESPECT TO THE DISTRICT. This includes, but is not limited to, the Applicant and any immediate family member that has a financial RELATIONSHIP WITH THE DISTRICT, either as a contractor or supplier, or through a professional relationship. In addition, all applicants must indicate if they have a conflict that might put THE DISTRICT at a disadvantage when instituting new or expanded programs.
- Completion of Authorization for Background Investigation Form (included in the Procedure to Fill Board Member Vacancies link below)
- Applicant must also answer the following four (4) questions:
- Why are you interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors of the City of Alameda Health Care District?
- How can the District Board most effectively support the continuing operation of Alameda Hospital and otherwise fulfill its responsibilities under the District’s Joint Powers Agreement with Alameda Health System.
- How can the district most effectively protect and promote the health of everyone in the City of Alameda Community.
- What unique value would you bring to the District Board?
Mail, Email or hand deliver your Application Package to:
City of Alameda Health Care District
Attention: Kristen Thorson, District Clerk
2070 Clinton Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
All Qualified Applicants are invited (and encouraged) to attend an Applicant Conference on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at Alameda Hospital, Dal Cielo Conference Room. All Applicants will be interviewed by the full Board in an open session on Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. The Board also plans to make the final appointment on Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
CITY OF ALAMEDA HEALTH CARE DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
Adopted November 9, 2015
Oversee the maintenance and operation of a District-owned hospital and other District-owned health care facilities;
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
On April 9, 2002, the voters of Alameda approved the formation of the City of Alameda Health Care District. The passage of this health care district initiative allows Alameda Hospital to continue to provide you and your family with quality and personalized health care, close to home.
This section of the web site will provide you with current information regarding the District. Please check back often for meeting schedules, District Board agendas, and other important announcements.
MEETING DATES AND TIMES
District Board meetings are open to the public. Open session begins at approximately 5:30 p.m. or as otherwise noted. For more information, please call the District Clerk at 510-814-4001 or 510-473-0755 or by email at email@example.com.
- District Board & Committee Meeting Notices and Announcements
- District Board & Committee Meeting Archive
- Calendar of District Board & Committee Meetings and Community Programs & Events
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Kathryn Sáenz Duke
1st Vice President
Alameda Health System Liaison
Jim Meyers, DrPH
2nd Vice President
Community Health Liaison
Robert Deutsch, M.D.
Alameda Hospital Liaison