Alameda Hospital, located in Alameda, California, was founded in 1894 and is the hospital of choice for the East Bay island community of Alameda. As a leader in emergency, inpatient, outpatient and wellness services, Alameda Hospital is uniquely positioned to serve the health care needs of the community. The hospital has strong ties to the community and sponsors wellness activities such as fitness classes, health fairs, tai chi and yoga. It also offers a health outreach program for Asian residents and is a major participant in the community-wide “Let’s Move Alameda” program for youth and their families. Above all, Alameda Hospital is committed to providing the human touch in offering affordable, world-class care to the residents of Alameda.
As a member of the Alameda Health System, Alameda Hospital has a direct connection to a nationally known institution of medical and educational excellence and its expanded health care services.
Alameda Hospital offers comprehensive services, including cardiology, on-site 24-hour lab services, cancer care and infusion therapy, an advanced diagnostic imaging center, pulmonary and respiratory care, nutrition services, and occupational, speech and physical therapy. The hospital’s 24-hour, child-friendly Emergency Care Center has 12 board-certified emergency physicians and more than 35 registered nurses.
Alameda Hospital’s surgical services continue to expand and include hand surgeries, general orthopedics, sports medicine, gynecology and ophthalmology. The hospital’s specialty treatment centers include the Creedon Advanced Wound Care and Bay Area Bone and Joint Center. Additionally, the long-term care facilities at Alameda Hospital offer personalized programs to meet every need in skilled nursing care, rehabilitative care and sub acute care. Inpatient care services include critical care, medical/surgical care and telemetry.
The hospital’s highly skilled physicians provide comprehensive primary and specialty care, including cardiology, vascular surgery, allergy and immunology, anesthesiology, ear nose and throat (ENT), dermatology and gastroenterology. Other services include infectious disease medicine, nephrology and neurology. Gynecology, pain management, and plastic and reconstructive surgery are among the hospital’s offerings, along with podiatry and sports medicine.
- Alameda Hospital’s skilled nursing facilities are five-star rated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- The American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association has recognized Alameda Hospital for its high standards in cardiac care.
- Alameda Hospital's certified primary stroke center has advanced certification by the Joint Commission.
- Alameda Hospital has been awarded the Veterans Administration contract for inpatient and emergency care.
- Alameda Hospital has received the Gold Plus Target Stroke Elite Award from the American Stroke Association four years in a row.
- Through Alameda Health System, free interpretation services are offered in 28 languages.